Major areas of focus are:
- RFIC Design, Antennas, RFID
- Integrated Photonics
- Optical and RF devices
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CELLULAR COGNITIVE RADIO NETWORK
- Proposed cross layer routing for cognitive networks, called Cognitive Cross-layer Multipath Probabilistic Routing (CCMPR) that jointly does power control, spectrum selection and node selection. This work calculate the transmit power level for each hop in the routing path based on history of the channel. This introduces cognition to network layer. The work related to the proposal of efficient MAC protocol and combined cross-layer solution is in progress.
- Working on Multi cell MIMO cooperative networks for LTE-A and 5G. Proposed a technique for Interference Mitigation in HetNets using Power Control and Beam Forming which does an intelligent power control based on SINR and beam forming based on direction of arrival.
- Proposed full duplex architecture for cognitive base station design.
- Proposed machine learning based Virtual MIMO relay selection method.